As springtime starts, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Fredericksburg? Especially if your cooling unit is newer or was running good last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Childress Heating & AC technician can help spot small issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps spot little issues before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into large problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and components:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Now with Childress Heating & AC
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Childress Heating & AC pros a shout at 540-675-4306 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your next tune-up.