While your Lennox® HVAC equipment cannot chat with you, it has a method to communicate a furnace error.
Its control board has twin LED lights that can display a fault code. Subject to the problem, your heating system may display solid or flashing lights.
While there are some simple furnace fixes you can do yourself, most fixes are best handled by the professionals. When your heater refuses to start or put out heated air, reach out to Childress Heating & AC at 540-675-4306 for expert furnace repair in Fredericksburg.
Our specialists will rapidly detect and take care of the problem, even if you don’t own a Lennox heating system. We can service all types or makes—and get the warmth reintroduced to your house quickly.
What Does the Flashing Light on My Furnace Mean?
Your heating system relies on lights to flash code when it isn’t working right. It also uses this system to let you know it’s heating properly.
Normal function involves:
- Concurrent slow flash—furnace running correctly.
- Both lights flash fast—heating system is starting to call for heat.
If you see a single light going on and off slowly and the other blinking quickly, your heating system might have a low flame signal. This can happen even when your heating system is operating properly. It means the flame sensing rod could have buildup or in the incorrect area on the burner. Contact us at 540-675-4306 for help.
Here are some of the most routine errors for Lennox furnaces.
Heating System Refuses to Start
Here are a few of the light sequences you might notice when your furnace refuses to or keep running. The majority of these issues have to be taken care of by a technician, such as one from Childress Heating & AC.
- The duo of LED lights are extinguished. This signifies your heating system might not be receiving power. Look at the breaker box to confirm the heating system fuse has not tripped. Attempt to reset the fuse if it is in the “off” position. If it immediately flips after you reset it, don’t try to reset it again and get in touch with us us at 540-675-4306.
- One light is stable and the other is flashing slowly. This implies the flame rollout switch is may be not working right. The switch is a critical safety tool that aids in preventing fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to handle this fault on your own.
- One light is flickering quickly and the other is flickering slowly. This typically indicates power polarity has been transposed. Your furnace may have a wiring issue that needs professional support from Childress Heating & AC.
- The pair of lights are flashing slowly. This means your furnace’s blower motor probably isn’t running. This part circulates hot air from the heater into your rooms. We can aid in determining what’s wrong with this component.
- An individual light is flickering slowly and the other is blinking fast. This signifies your HVAC system may have not enough voltage or a short circuit. Contact our technicians at 540-675-4306 for support.
- One light is flashing on, on, off while the other blinks on, off, on. This signifies there may be an issue with your HVAC system’s control board or wiring. Childress Heating & AC can pinpoint the problem and fix it.
- The duo of lights show alternating slow blinks. This means your heater likely has a flame failure. There may be an issue with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Get in touch with us at 540-675-4306 for assistance.
- An individual light flickers slowly while the other stays solid. This usually signifies your heating system’s limit switch is malfunctioning. The switch stops your HVAC system from becoming too warm. Get in touch with the professionals at Childress Heating & AC for help.
Furnace Blower Works But No Warmth
Here’s what could be wrong when you notice your heating equipment’s blower fan on, but you aren’t receiving any heated air.
- The duo of lights display every other rapid flickers. This signifies your furnace ignitor may not be working. This piece lights fuel in your HVAC equipment to produce warm air and should be serviced by an expert from Childress Heating & AC.
Depend on Us for Expert Furnace Repair
When you have to have your heating system repaired fast, turn to the specialists at Childress Heating & AC. Our pros will take care of the fault without delay and have your residence feeling relaxing again in no time. Contact us at 540-675-4306 or contact us online to get an appointment now.